So I found out a few months ago that I had these fibroids. I guess that half of all women get them but they aren’t always the size of grapefruit and tennis balls. I made my doctor promise to take photos for me. He wouldn’t let me take them home but he said they are hard like a baseball and dense, not spongy or juicy like they look.
Here’s a pic of what they took out of me.
It’s crazy cuz they had to do a c-section, they were so big. Surgery is crazy. There’s nothing you can do to prepare for it other than get some rest, eat well, and get some exercise. You show up at the hospital and things just start happening, you get hooked up to an IV and then wheeled into a room and you’re talking to people and then suddenly you wake up and it’s all over and people are quickly moving you to another room. I started crying and they asked, “Do you feel pain? Where does it hurt?” and I told them that I wasn’t crying from pain. I wasn’t sure why I was crying and they said that was a normal reaction to surgery. You’re in shock. The best part is the first few days when you’re on an IV of pain killers, you feel totally fine, like you could get up and clean the house and then they take the pain meds out of the IV and give you pills and that’s when you start feeling it…I don’t know if it’s pain as much as just a general discomfort. Tightness in the area where the surgery was. Soreness. I couldn’t sleep for a few days, I was almost always awake. They gave me pills to make me sleep but they didn’t do a thing for me. I just sat up watching TV and reading and playing Draw Something on my phone.
I’m glad those giant tumors are out of me now. I also had a cyst on my ovary and they took that out too. I didn’t get to see a photo of it.
I saw this in Us Weekly and the only way that exercise has had anything to do with Cameron Diaz’s changed face, is if she’s walking to her plastic surgeon’s office. Wake up people!
That’s right little girls of America. If you work hard and study hard and devote yourself to your craft you too can be skinny! Jennifer Hudson proved today that she’s a shallow idiot like everyone else on the planet. The celebrity told Self magazine that she is prouder of her weight loss than her Oscar because as usual, it doesn’t matter what you do with your life or what kind of asshole you are, as long as you’re not fat. America hates fat people and that’s pretty sad because that means we basically hate ourselves because let’s face it, odds are you are fat.
So don’t bother going to school, or being a good person, or staying off of drugs… don’t waste your time getting Oscars, or perusing your dreams… because nobody gives a shit. As a woman your job is to be sexy. If you are not sexy, you are worthless and let’s be clear… the key to being sexy is being skinny because men can love you if you’re dumb, crazy, hooked on drugs, steal their shit, use them for their money, use them for their connections or to meet their friends, or cheat on them… as long as you’re not fat. Fat bitches don’t get away with jack shit. Fat girls have to work twice as hard for anything and everything. So whatever you do, don’t get fat. Your life will be ruined and nobody will love you. Ask any fat girl.
Just get skinny and stay skinny because as Jennifer Hudson will tell you, that is all that really matters in life.
Okay, so I’ve been wearing my BodyMedia FIT Armband and weight loss system for a few months now and feel I can write an honest, fair and practical review of this product. The BodyMedia FIT Armband is a pretty cool advice but it’s also got room for improvement.
BodyMedia’s armband is a great source of information. It really helps me to get my activity in and I’m amazed that it can tell if I’m laying down awake or actually sleeping. Thanks to the BodyMedia FIT Armband I realized I wasn’t getting enough actual sleep at night, I was laying down but I wasn’t asleep.
Also I can plug it into my computer at 8pm and see if I’ve burned enough calories to lose weight for that day, and if I haven’t I just pop in a workout DVD or go for an evening walk and get the physical activity I need to stay healthy and lose weight. It takes the uncertainty out of weight loss. If you’re considering getting one I totally recommend it.
I do have ideas for improving the band and the site in general. If you’re going to get one of these armbands you need to continue reading BEFORE you purchase the BodyMedia FIT Armband and Weight Loss System.
1. Arm Band - They do sell accessories and backup bands which you’re going to need. You need to wash the armband a lot and you’ll need a back up band to wear while one is drying. They sell fashion skins for the device and colored frames for the device but the band itself just comes in gray or black. I’m supposed to wear this all the time – so why not sell the armbands in colors to go with different outfits. They’d make a ton of money if they came in fun fashion colors and maybe even patterns and the arm band needs to come in flesh tones. Sometimes you want to wear a dress with short or no sleeves and you want the arm band to be as inconspicuous as possible. Also get use to talking to strangers because at least once or twice a week someone will come up to me in public and say, “Is that one of them arm band weight loss thingies, how do you like it?” One guy asked me if I was diabetic and if it was some kind of medical device. I laughed and said, “Nope, I’m not diabetic, just fat.”
Also, what about a thigh band so that you could wear it under a skirt, or a waist band to wear it under your shirt? Somewhere that everyone and their mother can’t see as you’re walking around? I wonder if I could just tuck it into my bra? Would it work?
2. Sleeping – The first few nights were fine but since then I almost always take my armband off in my sleep. I don’t even remember doing it. I wake up and it’s on the night stand next to me. It’s a little constrictive and sweaty. I wish they sold a softer band for sleeping. One that was more plush, breathed better and was less constrictive, perhaps even wider. I would buy it in a heartbeat.
3. Swimming & other water sports - You cannot wear the armband in water. It is not waterproof which means that if you like to swim as a workout you have to take the armband off. I contacted them via their website to ask about swimming and water sports and the representative basically told me that the device doesn’t do that and not to hold my breath for a waterproof one. What you do if you’re swimming is go into the Activity Manager and then select the drop down arrow for Calories Burned and the window will open up. Near the top, right under where it says “Calories Burned” in small blue letters it says Edit Off-Body and you click that. A new window opens and where it says “I was not active during this time” click that drop down and select “I was not active, except for the following” and then select one of the following choices.
Those choices are not that great but at least you have something to enter.
4. Weight Loss - I have lost 60 lbs before I got my BodyMedia Armband. When it asked me my weight I punched it in at the time. As I lose weight it says ,”I have lost 7.8lbs” So I went in to try to punch in my actual starting weight, not just the weight I was when I got the armband. I want to see the big numbers, and my TOTAL weight loss, not just what I’ve lost since I got the band and there is no way to do it. At least not that I can find and again, I’m pretty savvy. It always makes me sad to see the small number at the bottom of the page, I should be able to see my total weight loss, not just the weight I’ve lost on the band.
5. Sounds & Beeps – I wish there was a way to turn the sound off. It only makes a few beeps when you put it on, and a few peeps when you take it off which is fine. It lets you know it’s working but I was at a play once and the theater was very cold and my arm was so cold that the arm band thought I had taken it off and started peeping in the middle of a play. Very embarrassing for me and distracting for the actors. I never wear my armband to the theater or movies anymore, just in case. If you’re going to a funeral or something, take the band off. You never know.
6. There is not one photo of a single overweight person on their website that I could find…
This tells me that the people at BodyMedia find the people that actually need the band, and could benefit the most are too unattractive to help them sell their product. As someone who has struggled with her weight, her entire life, this is insulting, offensive, and hurts my feelings to be honest. It makes me feel like this band is not for me. The people in the images on their site clearly do not need to lose any weight. They are all perfectly at goal or a healthy weight. Think of all of the overweight people who come to the site and look around and decide that this product must just be for skinny/pretty people and leave. People want to see people that look like themselves using the product.
I was able to find this image on another website that also sells the BodyMedia Armband but there is nothing like this on the actual BodyMedia site.
You can find a few overweight people if you click on the testimonials page but they are strategically placed BELOW THE FOLD – which for you regular people out there means that you have to scroll down to see them. They aren’t at the top of the page. No, at the top of the page are two hot women.
Okay, so it’s a cool device and it’s definitely helping me and I got it through Jenny Craig and let me say it’s worth every penny. This armband combined with the Jenny Craig program has made weight loss very easy, but you have to do it. Nobody can get up and exercise for your or rip the food from your hands. Losing weight is hard work and an adventure, but it’s a lot of fun and I love the smile on my boyfriend’s face (who loves me no matter what size I am) when I tell him that I lost 2 pounds this week or tell him my grand total so far. I’d do it just to see him smile proudly at me.
After a while the novelty wears off and you do get sick of wearing the armband. That’s the honest truth. It’s a little constrictive, and you’re always aware that it’s on your arm. When it’s loose enough to be really comfortable, it slides down your arm, so the only way to really secure it is to make it snug but for all of you who think this might be uncomfortable… get over it, you’ve been hauling around pounds of extra weight that I assure you are far more uncomfortable than this little armband.
If you have anything to add to this review for the BodyMedia Fit System or FIT Armband please do so in the comments below and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
Holy b’Jesus. I think I’m now in love with Ruby Gettinger, what else could be the reason for me stalking her on Twitter? BUT thank God that I do, because I just saw that Ruby is throwing a Western Caribbean Cruise… so for as little as $999 you can take a cruise with the Style Channel’s own Ruby Gettinger.
I should start a “Chip In” widget to see if you guys would pay to send me on this cruise. I can’t really afford it but I sure would like to go.
I mean, check out these sweet digs!
I’d friggin’ love to go to Belize & Cozumel… just not with Ruby and her entourage of circus freaks and carnival barkers.
I’m also asking myself the question… if I hate Ruby Gettinger so much, why can’t I get enough of her? Why am I bummed that her season is over? Why am I sad that I don’t have a new episode of Ruby in DV? I’m just trying to understand my own feelings here because I’m bummed that the season is over and at the same time I wish they would stop paying this woman money to be on TV. I hate that you can make a living doing what she’s doing. She’s so incredibly annoying and yet I always watch EVERY episode. I’ve even watched some episodes twice for the love of God.
What WON’T this woman do to make a buck? I mean, other than lose weight… Seems that the only things she won’t do, for cash, is exercise and eat a healthy balanced diet. Those are the absolute ONLY two things that she positively will not do for money.
I kinda wanna go on this horrible cruise.
It’s EXCITED, Ruby. Not “essited” or whatever you’re saying.
She’s SO incredibly lazy she won’t even put in the effort required to pronounce words the correct way.
How come, every time I watch that show Ruby on the Style Channel, I start secretly hoping Ruby Gettinger stays fat?
I mean, she really bugs me. I think I see some things in her that I just hate because they are the same things that hold me back and make me fat.
If you don’t know Ruby, she’s lazy, she complains about EVERYTHING, and she NEVER wants to do ANYTHING. Also, she’s friggin’ huge, like ginormous, like the size of one of those smart cars.
The Style Channel is paying this woman money, to film her life and weight loss adventure… they pay for the trainers, they probably pay for all sorts of things and she has the audacity to complain when they ask her to exercise.
I don’t think she wants to lose weight to be honest with you. I think that she wants to be famous, and the weight loss thing is just the easiest way for her to achieve that goal. Yes she’s lost something like 400 lbs but I don’t think she’s going to lose the weight and keep it off in the long term… The minute they stop paying her and filming her, she’s going to put it all back on. She already proved it.
She gained 60lbs in the two months that the show was on hiatus. She revealed in the first show of the new season that she had put on 60 friggin’ pounds in 8 weeks! Are you kidding me? She’s NOT even TRYING… They asked her why she gained the weight over the break and she had no idea. She gained it because she’s a selfish, lazy, fame seeker. Turn the cameras off and stop sending checks, and there goes her motivation to do ANYTHING.
So does she just want to be fat? I mean I’m fat, and I don’t want to be fat. I don’t think anybody WANTS to be fat… but maybe she likes the attention that being fat has gotten her… maybe she doesn’t want to give it up. I mean, as long as she’s fat she’s got a show and people around her who will act like they care about her. She feels like she matters. She’s finally the star of the show.
I’m not taking the show out of my DVR because I kind of like hating on her. She motivates me to NOT do what she’s doing. She makes me feel better about myself… one of those, “At least I’m not THAT bad” sort of things I think.
I know it’s not nice to say, but I feel like I have to just admit to the world that I hope Ruby stays fat.
Take a good look at her folks. That is the face of hatred and self-loathing you’re looking at. Maura confesses in the half-assed apology tagged to the end of her original hate inspired speech, that she is an anorexic and that her own eating disorder and body issues were possibly to blame for all the mean things she said about fat people in her blog. To top it off, Marie Claire had the audacity to actually push this thing live on their site and plaster their name across the top of this hate filled message.